In this webinar on October 31th from 09.00-10.00 (UTC+1), you will learn about the Nordic harmonisation of life cycle assessment - and more specific hear about a project on LCA Databases and management of data. The main objective of the project is to seek a common Nordic understanding of the establishment and maintenance of databases that serve for environmental assessment of buildings.
The project also aims to ensure the interoperability of data through a common understanding. In addition, the project will collect LCA data on and formulate common Nordic practices for existing buildings, bio based products and vegetation.
This webinar will present the preliminary results of the project and what has been learned so far, followed by a discussion and Q&A. The Finnish Environment Institute will elaborate on the initial guidelines for the data gathering and give an overview of availability and quality of typical data for different use stages.
- Short introduction of Nordic harmonisation of life cycle assessment - Maria Tiainen/Finnish Ministry of the Environment
- Databases and management of data – Janne Pesu/Finnish Environment Institute
Discussion and questions
- The project group and responsibilities
- What is the project about?
- Process for gathering typical data
- New typical data (old buildings, biobased products and vegetation)
- Enabling wide use and interoperability
- Current status and preliminary results of the project
- What to expect next?
Sign up to the webinar on LCA databases and management here
The project is part of the Nordic harmonisation of life cycle assessment, which is a joint Nordic project that aims at developing harmonised practices for building LCA. More information of the project can be found here.